The Auxiliary Patrol Service patrols municipal parks from early May until October as well as assists with numerous special events. A minimum commitment of twenty-six (26) hours per month is required for parks patrol as well as ten (10) special events annually.
- is greater than 18 years
- is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- has successfully completed four years of secondary school education or equivalent;
- Must possess a valid class “G” Ontario Driver’s license with full driving privileges;
- Must possess valid first aid and CPR certificates at time of application;
- provides six acceptable references attesting to the candidate’s good character;
- satisfactorily complete an oral interview;
- consents to a background investigation, the results of which are satisfactory to the Service;
- is physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position and
- satisfactorily completes a physical examination by a medical practitioner; possesses an acceptable work record;
- agrees to be bound by Oaths of Office & Secrecy;
- -successfully completes all Auxiliary Patrol recruit training.
The Windsor Police Auxiliary Patrol Service will post on the Windsor Police Service Website for the position of Auxiliary Officer
as openings become available. This usually takes place yearly in August/September.
All previous applicants must reapply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Windsor Police Service is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace reflective of the community we serve. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).