the Autism Registry?
The Autism Registry is a Windsor Police Service project
in partnership with Autism Services Inc. that promotes
communication and gives police quick access to critical information about a
reigstered person with autism. The Autism Registry can provide police with
emergency contact information, detailed physical descriptions, known
routines, favourite attractions, or special needs of the individual with
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This information can assist officers in
communicating with, attending a aresidence of, or dealing withan emergency
involving an individual with ASD.
Goal of the Program:
The goal of the program is to give police quick access to critical information about a registered individual
with ASD in the community in an emergency situation.
How it Works:
At this time, the Autism Registry is only accessible to those residents who reside with the City of Windsor or Town of Amherstburg on a voluntary basis.
- Access the Autism report by clicking on the button below;
- Complete the online registry form by filling in a series of
- Add a picture if available;
- When complete, review and submit the report;
- Once submitted, you will receive a thank you notice which confirms the
registration form is being processed. You may be contacted if any further information is required;
- You will be advised of the option to place a static cling window decal
at your residence and/or on your vehicle, which will alert police that there is
an occupant with ASD who may not respond to verbal commands and who
participates in the registry. These decals will be provided by Autism Services
Inc., and it will be the option of the applicant to contact Autism Services
Inc. for these resources;
Annual registration is required to keep your form active. It is the responsibility of the applicant to re-submit the form. It is recommended that you re-submit on the registrant's birthday to make it easier to remember.
- If online reporting is not right for you, the Telephone Reporting Centre will be happy to assist with your Autism Registry;
- Please call (519)255-6700 Ext. 4151 to begin your registration, or to
update a previous registration;
- This phone line is monitored 24/7/365;
- This registration can be done in ALL languages through translation services.
Once the Autism Registry is compete, it is the responsibility of the caregiver or designate to report any changes in regards to the address, phyiscal appearance, or behaviour of the registrant.
If you have any further questions please refer to our Frequenty Asked