Vulnerable Persons Registry
Goal of the Program:
The goal of the program is to give police quick access to critical information about a bona fide registered individual who has wandered away from his/her place of safety in an emergency situation.
Definition of a "vulnerable person":
- Any person with a form of dementia;
- Any person having mentual acutiy deficiencies wherein the person cannot appreciate their surroundings and recognize the inherent dangers of environmental circumstances they find themselves in;
- Any elderly person who is not medically diagnosed with a form of dementia, but by virtue of a mental infirmity causes him/herself to wander and is a safety risk to themselves or others
How it Works:
- Access the Vulnerable Persons Registry report by clicking on the button below;
- Complete the online registry form by filling in a series of pre-formatted screen;
- Add a picture if available;
- When complete, review and submit the report;
- Once submitted, you will receive a thank you notice which confirms the registration form is being processed and provides a temporary Report Number;
- A second e-mail will provide a confirmation that the case is approved and provides a permanent Report Number;
- Use the permanent Report Number when referring to your report in the future
- If online reporting is not right for you, the Telephone Reporting Centre will be happy to assist with your vulnerable persons registry;
- Please call (519)255-6700 Ext. 4151 to begin your registration, or to update a previous registration.
- This phone line is monitored 24/7/365
- This registration can be done in ALL languages through Language Line translation services.
Once the Vulnerable Persons Registry registration processs is compete andconfirmed to be entered into the Windsor Police Service records, it is the responsiblitiy of the caregiver or designate to report any future wandering activities by a vulnerable person directly, by telephone, to the Windsor Police Service for immediate and co-ordinated action in locating and returning the individual to their place of safety.
Annual registration is required to keep your form active. It is the responsibility of the applicant to re-submit the form. It is recommended that you re-submit on the registrant's birthday to make it easier to remember.