Vulnerable Persons Registry
Goal of the Program:
The goal of the program is to give police quick access to critical information about a registered individual who has wandered away from their place of safety.
Definition of a "Vulnerable Person":
- Any person with a form of dementia;
- Any person having mental acuity deficiencies wherein the person cannot appreciate their surroundings and recognize the inherent dangers of environmental circumstances they find themselves in;
- Any elderly person who is not medically diagnosed with a form of dementia, but by virtue of a mental infirmity causes them to wander and is a safety risk to themselves or others
How it Works:
- Access the Vulnerable Persons Registry report by clicking on the button below;
- Complete the online registry form by filling in a series of pre-formatted screen;
- Add a picture if available;
- When complete, review and submit the report;
- Once submitted, you will receive a thank you notice which confirms the registration form is being processed and provides a Report Number;
- Use the Report Number when referring to your registration in the future
Annual registration is required to keep your form active. It is the responsibility of the applicant to re-submit the form. It is recommended that you re-submit on the registrant's birthday to make it easier to remember.
- If online reporting is not right for you, the Telephone Reporting Unit will be happy to assist with your vulnerable persons registry;
- Please call (519)255-6700 Ext. 4151 to begin your registration, or to update a previous registration.
- This phone line is monitored 24/7/365
- Registration is available in over 200 languages via Language Service Associates
Once a Vulnerable Person is registered, it is the responsibility of the caregiver or designate to report any future wandering activities of the vulnerable person directly to the Windsor Police Service by telephone at 519-258-6111 for immediate and co-ordinated action in locating and returning the individual to their place of safety.