Officer-gloves.JPGPublic Complaints
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Windsor Police Service Professional Standards Branch Office is closed to the public.  We are still working and if you require any services from our office, please call Inspector Ken Cribley at 226-674-1360 Ext # 27 or Staff Sergeant Jen Crosby at 226-674-1360 Ext # 28

Thanks for your patience in this matter.
Any member of the public may file a complaint about the policies of or the services provided by the Windsor Police Service or about the conduct of a police officer employed by the Windsor Police Service

The Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD) is an arms-length agency of the Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General, staffed entirely by civilians.  This means the decisions by the OIPRD are independent from the Ontario government, the police and the community. 
The OIPRD is responsible for receiving, overseeing, monitoring and dealing with all public complaints against the police in Ontario. 
The OIPRD’s goal is to provide an independent, transparent, accessible and effective oversight system that will build confidence and trust in the public complaints process. 
How to make a complaint:
1.      Go to the O.I.P.R.D. website

2.      Under FILE A COMPLAINT...choose START HERE

3.      Then “Click Here to File a Complaint”

4.      You can file your public complaint with OPIRD by fax, on the OIPRD website, in person, by mailing in the signed form or at any municipal, regional or provincial police station in Ontario.