We are proud to offer this additional service to help protect your bicycle from theft. To prevent theft of your bicycle we recommend investing in a good quality lock and securing your bicycle and wheels to an immovable object.
Identifying Your Bicycle
Most bicycles come marked with a serial number. If your bike does not have a serial number, engrave an identifying numer on the frame. You can also mark your wheels and components with the same number to make it even easier to identify.
Register Your Bicycle or E-Bike
Sometimes the most proficient thief can bypass weak, inexpensive locks, or come upon your bicycle during a time you forget to lock it. The Windsor Police Service recovers hundreds of stolen and abandoned bicycles every year, but is often unable to identify the owner because the theft is unreported. Registering your bicycle will greatly assist in its recover if stolen.
Online report criteria:
- You must have a valid e-mail address
- You must provide the bicycle serial number (or personal engraving), make, style, and colour
- You must complete a separate form for each bicycle you wish to register
- You must reside in the City of Windsor, or the Town of Amherstburg
. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
- You may be contacted by e-mail or telephone if further information is required.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- You will see the words: "Your online police report has been submitted". This indicates that your report was successfully submitted;
- You will be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.