Road Watch and Traffic Complaints
You should file a Road Watch complaint online if you:
- Can identify the licence plate of the aggressive driver.
- Can identify a specific offence committed by the aggressive driver.
- The incident occurred within the City of Windsor or Town of Amherstburg limits.
You should not file a Road Watch complaint if:
- You see an impaired driver, street racing, or other behaviour that is an immediate danger to public safety. This is an emergency, or crime in progress, and you should call 9-1-1 immediately.
- The traffic incident resulted in a motor vehicle collision.
- You wish to pursue charges against another driver.
- The incident occurred outside the jurisdiction of the Windor Police Service.
If you would prefer to fill out a document and mail it to us print out a Road Watch Report form.
A Traffic Complaint is a report of a traffic issue in a specific area you wish to notify police about (i.e. drivers constantly running a 4-way stop). Filing a Traffic Complaint assists police in identifying problem areas so that our officers can respond with the appropriate action.
Filing a false police report is a crime.
You may be contacted by e-mail or telephone if further information is required.